Oil Hot Water Heaters in Grand Rapids
Your Low-Cost Access to Hot Water
Oil-fired water heaters can produce a reliable, inexpensive supply of hot water to your home. While it is true somewhat that these water heaters can be costly initially, their efficiency can lower the costs of operating the tank in the long-term.
At Penning Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electric, we can offer you with the guidance you need to determine which water heater option would be most ideal for your home and your family’s situation. We are always in the interest of helping you save money, while maximizing efficiency.
Please call (616) 681-4034 today to schedule a service appointment with our Grand Rapids water heater installation team.
Boiler & Hot Water Heating Controls
Oil water heaters typically have a high rate of heat recovery, so they will not lose the heat as rapidly. Some units may be able to heat the water as quickly as 120 gallons an hour. Most oil hot water heaters offer pressure release valves that prevent a buildup of high pressure in the unit.
Here are some of the advantages that oil water heaters offer:
- Some units have tankless coil designs. Water is not stored within the tank, and the pressure release or relief calve serve to protect the unit from high pressure.
- Some units have mechanisms that prevent back flow into the potable water systems.
- Some units have a vacuum relief valve to protect the oil water heater from a vacuum occurring within.
- Oil water heaters may have direct-fired water heater. These require an aquastat which regulates the temperature and controls the unit safely.
- Many units use a triple aquastat to manage all temperatures, and also connects with the oil burner.
- Many units will have anti-scald devices, known as either a mixing valve or a tempering valve, to protect the oil hot water heater from the hot water contained inside. This periodically ushers in cold water to lower the temperature of the water inside the tank, maintaining the desired temperature.
Our Grand Rapids plumbers are skilled and trained in the repair, maintenance or installation of any oil fired water heater brands and models. We also carry several units at our office that all come with a 100 percent customer satisfaction guarantee.
For more information about oil water heaters, contact Penning Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electric at (616) 681-4034!