Oil fired water heaters have the ability to produce a reliable, inexpensive supply of home hot water. Although this type of water heater may cost you more to install, its efficiency in heating water means very low operating costs over the lifespan of the unit.
Oil fired water heaters also have high heat recovery rates, meaning they can heat large amounts of water quickly. For example, if the oil fired water heater can increase the temperature of 40 gallons of water by 100° in one hour, the unit has a 40-gallon recovery rate. Oil burning water heaters can have recovery rates as high as 120 gallons per hour.
Penning Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electric is a proud carrier of a wide range of oil water heaters in Grand Rapids. With over a century in this business, we have seen how this type of water heaters have helped hundreds of customers get big savings on their energy bills.
If you are looking to install or repair an oil hot water heater in Grand Rapids, call Penning Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electric today at (616) 681-4034.
Boiler & Hot Water Heating Controls
Regardless of design, any water heating system that stores hot water should have a pressure relief valve installed to protect the system from high pressure.
See how different oil water heaters are designed to your advantage:
- With tankless coil designs in which no water is stored in a tank,a pressure-only relief valve may be used to protect the coil and piping from excessive pressure.
- A vacuum relief valve vents the system if a vacuum occurs inside the tank.
- A backflow preventer prevents boiler water from flowing into potable water systems.
- A direct-fired water heater needs an aquastat to control operation and temperature as well as a primary control and heat detector for safe operation of the oil burner.
- The new indirect-fired units typically have a triple aquastat, which controls high and low temperatures and communicates with the oil burner via a built-in cad cell relay.
Since the water inside a tankless coil can be very hot, all systems should also have an anti-scald device known as a tempering valve or mixing valve. When necessary, it automatically mixes in an appropriate amount of cold water to lower the temperature of the water to the chosen temperature setting.
Our Grand Rapids plumbers are skilled and trained in the repair, maintenance or installation of any oil-fired water heater brands and models. We also carry several units at our office that all come with a 100 percent customer satisfaction guarantee.
For more information about oil water heaters, contact Penning Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electric at (616) 681-4034!
“Brad does a great job - always”- Christy N.
“The technicians that came to my house were courteous and knowledgable. I appreciate the pricing and work options.”- Katherene G.
“Satisfied with Service”- Jacqueline C.
“The job was done on time and in a professional manner.”- Robert D.
“Friendly, knowledgeable and timely”- Lisa A.
“ALL IS GOOD”- Genevieve B.