Grand Rapids AC Repair
24/7 Emergency Air Conditioning Repair
Ever since we were founded in 1917, we have always stuck to our principles of honesty and integrity in our work. You can trust us to offer great HVAC services in Grand Rapids at great prices that never conceal hidden charges or surprise fees.
Very Professional and Polite,
Make certain you and your family are ready to stay comfortable all year long. Let Penning Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electric be your go to for any emergency AC repairs in your Grand Rapids, MI home.
A+ Accredited Business on BBB
We are committed to fixing AC problems fast so you can focus on relaxing in your own home. Our business has met the Better Business Bureau (BBB) Accreditation Standards for over 50 years. Just see what our customers have to say about working with us!
“Penning came out quickly and has helped resolve a nagging HVAC issue. Great communication and follow up after the initial repair call.” – Sam B.
7 Signs You Need AC Repair
Here’s the top seven signs that you need AC repair in Grand Rapids, MI:
- Warm air: The most obvious sign that your AC unit is acting up is if warm air comes out of the vents, no matter how low you set the temperature or how long it runs. Even during a hot summer day, a low-quality air conditioner should eventually start to cool the air as expected.
- Weak airflow: If you can barely feel the air coming from your air conditioning unit and out the vents, then there is likely a problem with the system. You should check the vents nearest the AC unit, which should predictably have the strongest output air flow.
- Frequent cycles: An air conditioning unit should not need to run too often to reach your set temperature. Frequent air cycles not only mean there is something wrong with the AC unit as a whole, but it will also spike your energy bills. It is best to get your air conditioner inspected and fixed to keep utility bills low.
- Humidity: By design, your AC unit should provide cool, crisp air, meaning it should have a low humidity level. If the air coming out of your AC feels moist, something is wrong.
- Stenches: Just how your air conditioning unit should not provide moist air, it should also not provide fetid air. A cool breeze that smells bad probably means there is mold growth somewhere in your HVAC system.
- Leaks: Take a look around the main unit of your air conditioning system. Signs of water, leaks, or drips indicate a part malfunction.
- Noises: Every AC unit makes a subtle hum that some people might even find relaxing. Noises that should not come from your air conditioning, though, are rattles, bumps, dings, buzzes, and generally any other unusual sound that doesn’t seem very comforting.
When you are unsure of what is wrong with your HVAC unit, it is best to schedule a service with one of our Grand Rapids AC repair experts to diagnose the issue. Delaying even the smallest AC problem can lead to bigger problems and AC repairs costs in the future.
AC Repair FAQ
Why Is My Air Conditioner Not Cooling My House?
There are several possible reasons for this issue, and understanding them can help you troubleshoot the problem or seek professional assistance.
- Insufficient Airflow: Check your air filters for dirt and debris that may be blocking the airflow, which can restrict the air circulation and reduce cooling efficiency.
- Refrigerant Issues: Low refrigerant levels or leaks can significantly impact your AC’s cooling ability. If you notice ice buildup on the refrigerant lines, call us so we can inspect and address the issue.
- Dirty Condenser Unit: The cleanliness of the outdoor condenser unit plays a vital role in heat transfer. If it becomes dirty or covered in debris, it can restrict the airflow and hinder the cooling process.
- Faulty Compressor or Fan: A malfunctioning compressor or fan can also cause cooling problems. If you hear unusual noises coming from your AC unit, or the fan is not running, contact a professional HVAC technician to diagnose the issue.
Our experienced technicians at Penning Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electric can diagnose the problem accurately and provide efficient repairs to restore your AC’s cooling performance, ensuring your comfort during the hot summer months.
How Long Should My AC Unit Last?
Is It Better to Repair or Replace My AC Unit?
When faced with a malfunctioning AC unit, determining whether to repair or replace it can be a challenging decision. In some cases, a simple repair may be sufficient to restore the unit’s functionality; however, if the unit is outdated, has frequent breakdowns, or requires costly repairs that outweigh its value, replacing it with a more energy-efficient model could be a smarter long-term investment.
Let our experienced Grand Rapids AC repair experts help you assess your specific situation so that you can feel comfortable making an informed decision that maximizes your overall comfort, efficiency and cost savings.
Schedule Your AC Repair in Grand Rapids Today!
The team at Penning Plumbing Heating, Cooling, and Electric have knowledgeable staff ready to assist with any HVAC repair. We are transparent throughout the process and are not happy unless you are.
Think your air conditioning unit needs repairs or just simply wanting to schedule preventative maintenance? We have the industry experience, the highly trained team of professionals, and the top-grade tools and equipment to tackle any AC repair job, no matter its complexity or the make of your air conditioning system.