Grand Rapids Electric Hot Water Heaters
Why Choose an Electric Water Heater?
Why do so many people choose gas heaters over an electric water heater? Is there something more efficient about the gas option? Perhaps you might not be aware of the many advantages that electric offers over gas water heaters. At Penning Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electric, we can help clarify some of those differences and help you weigh the benefits over choosing one type of water heater over another.
Let our Grand Rapids plumbers help you select the right type of hot water heater to suit your particular needs. We know that every home will be different from the next, and we want to make sure we are maximizing efficiency.
Get in touch with a plumbing team backed by more than a century of experience. Call today at (616) 681-4034.
Choosing an Electric Water Heater
Understandably, the choice between an electric water heater and another type, such as a gas water heater, comes down to price for most people. Naturally, you will want to choose the best type of water heater that also fits your budget. As Grand Rapids plumbers, we know that an electric water heater can offer so many more advantages that make them more efficient. For one, a gas water heater uses a pilot light that burns continuously, which is a key factor as to why they can waste more energy.
Some of the other advantages of using an electric water heater:
- A timer can be installed onto the tank.
- The chances of explosion from gas water heater are higher than electrocution from an electric water tank.
- The overall costs of a gas water heater installation are higher, as you will need to install PVC tubes all throughout the home. Electric water heaters only need a bare wires or a special outlet.
- Gas heaters require more space, about 6 to 18 inches around the unit to ventilate the tank. Electric water heater tanks do not need that much room around for ventilation.
- Electric water heaters use fewer parts, which means fewer items to maintain. The parts are not exposed directly to heat, which can serve to extend the life of the tank farther than gas.
Penning Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electric can service your hot water heater—whether you need installation, repair, maintenance, or would like to discuss your options with professionals. Please be sure to give us a call when you are ready so that we can help you get set!
Call Penning Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electric at (616) 681-4034 to ask about our wide range of water heater products!